Commercial Laundry Equipment Installer
PAC Industries has been the innovative leader in the sale, service and support of commercial laundry equipment since 1963. We proudly support customers ranging from large industrial laundries to small coin laundromats and include hospitality, healthcare and institutional laundries.
Must satisfy customer’s needs by properly installing all brands of industrial/ commercial laundry equipment that we distribute without supervision. Must complete all administrative duties in a timely and accurate manner without supervision.
- Communicate with salesmen, service manager and our customers.
- Follow up on unanswered questions through sales or management within 24 hours.
- Inform and educate customer on proper equipment operation and maintenance after training.
- Handle customers professionally
- Call customer to inform of arrival time when appropriate.
- Report all customer concerns regarding equipment or PAC policies to supervisor within one working day.
- Maintain neat and professional appearance – clean uniform, appropriate grooming, appropriate steel-toed shoes.
- Check that all pre-staged equipment is available for day of installation and the appropriate equipment type and correct voltages.
- Determine from dispatch/customer request any additional parts required.
- Secure equipment properly on installation truck protecting it from damage.
- Install all equipment as per manufacturers written specifications using industry standard products and techniques.
- Ensure job set is clean and secured, remove all packaging, skids, etc., upon departure.
- Start up and provide in service training to owner and his staff of all new equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Maintain personal tools and equipment needed to perform service work.
PERSONAL TIME MANAGEMENT:
- When back from a job early, check for shop work to be done or any other miscellaneous jobs that need attention.
- Keep records of shop work via shop reports.
- Perform PM contract work and assist service technicians on 2-man jobs.
- Use proper safety measures so as not to injure self, fellow employees, or customer’s employees.
- Maintain inventory of installation materials i.e., anchors, grout, hardware, etc.
- Assist and train fellow employees when needed.
PROMOTING PAC INDUSTRIES/PLS:
- Inform new customers of what services are available through PAC/PLS.
- Promote Planned Maintenance Programs to customers whose equipment and operations would benefit.
- When on-site, equipment that is unsafe or appears beyond reasonable repair, make the appropriate salesperson aware.
INSTALLATION REPORTS, PICK TICKETS AND PAPERWORK:
- Ensure proper and accurate information is on the Installation Report and Pick Ticket
- Model, Serial number, date completed, billable hours, part(s) used, and part number(s).
- Assure that necessary information is on all receipts relating to the appropriate job.
- List specific problems, corrections and other services performed.
- Provide correct and legible paperwork for billing and record keeping purposes.
- Obtain customer signature on complete work order. Turn in Installation Call Reports for processing by end of day.
SERVICE & INSTALLATION VEHICLE:
- MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER LICENSE AND A DOT MEDICAL CARD
- Turn in all receipts for gas, oil, and other vehicle expenses by end of week.
- Report any accidents immediately.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Maintain personal tools and equipment.
- Keep updated technical manuals.
- When assigned to shop work, return all tools, and supplies to their assigned location and clean work area.
- Inform management of any broken, worn, or unsafe installation equipment so it may be repaired or replaced.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Are you able to lift at least 60 lbs?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Pallet jack: 3 years (Required)
- Hammer Drill: 2 years (Preferred)
- Industrial Distribution Setting: 2 years (Preferred)
- PA DOT Certification (Required)
- Forklift Certification (Required)
- On the road